Friday, August 1, 2008

Success is Inevitable


Have u ever felt a sense of release or freedom? Or like God placed a ladder of success in front of you and all you had to do was focus on it and climb up? That was me on yesterday. I feel like if i focus on anything i really want, it will come to me..seemingly unreachable but just that easy. In such a good mood I decided to attend Atlanta's Y-3 fashion show and after party. Being a little under the weather, I slept and missed the fashion show but the after party was an overall great atmosphere to be apart of. The crowd was just right, not too many people...just enough with plenty of new faces ;) It gave me the opportunity to meet a few newbies, hang out and catch up with a few homies that I don't get a chance to see as often, hear what's going on in the industry and perhaps get some outside insight on my line and its direction.

I couldn't help but enjoy myself joking around in spirit of the day starting my blog an all. Receiving so much great feedback really has me excited about all the things to come. Not even the rain could put a damper on my parade, however the dudes who impolitely stole my homegirl's umbrella almost did. As we left the event we stood outside covered from the pouring rain. We both had umbrella's but just stood around joking with some "homies" and decided to allow them use of G's umbrella to make it dry to their car. In turn...they never returned...suckers! How do u steal a ladies umbrella in the pouring rain!! Lol...*smh


After me and G concluded our night I headed back downtown to Stitches. The doctor was still at it, but took a break and we headed to Landmark for food. After telling him a few times about my blog he was still confused about what a blog is...lol. Don't mind him, he's not cut off from the world just chooses to dedicate his time to family, Stitches and sewing...can't be mad at that! The Doctor is funny because no matter what it is your doing he wants to know if your reaching to make us known and getting to the money... my kinda dude!
After food(salmon, mashed potato's and vegetables)which was great by the way, I headed home to prepare for my trip to Jackson, MS for the weekend where my best friend is grabbing her Master's. I'm surprising her, she doesn't even know I'm coming :) wish me a safe trip!

P.S- I couldn't end this without thanking everybody for your support...when my line drops...u better buy something! :)

~Embellished



Art Work provided by www.inmagine.com

4 comments:

Jessica McGuire said...

I feel the same way! He has given me the tools to make it happen. Its hard in the beginning because people don't understand your vision, jealous because they don't have a plan, or are just too scared to see you give up everything and spread your wings & fly.

I have a vision board that displays newspaper clippings, and magazine pics of people I'm going to meet, places I'm going to be, and things I will have. It inspires me everyday to get off my ass and network, maintain relationships, and make it happen.

P.S. I'm glad you broke down the wall and invited others to come in. You really inspire me!

Anonymous said...

good luck lucy and i will be lookin out...me and sharonda fowarded this to every1 we know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lucy!
Yes, you have inherited that Nelson/Crozier entreprenuership/motivational/creative quality. You may not know this(because you were in the womb)but my mother was a wonderful seamstress/designer. She made most of me and Cherrena's clothes and also for others too. Too bad she is not here to join forces with you but you got me instead. Do what you do and stay inspired.

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I would have posted a comment sooner had I known that you could. You know I’m slow and new to this blog thing .lol But first I must tell you that I am so proud of you!! I look back and reflect on the growth that has taken place in both our lives, which amazing, with God to Thank. We are definitely different people from when we stepped in the doors at CHSAS, so many things have changed. We’ve been through hell and back again. I thank God for blessing me with a friend like you. Without you, I know I would have lost my mind. I have always admired your strength to fight for what you want and to make things happen. I know that this is only the beginning and there are many more great things to come for you. I love you so much and keep up the hard work... I better be the first to walk down a runway wearing your line!!