Saturday, August 2, 2008

Birds of a Feather....

Completely confused about my flight arrangement....I missed it and was forced to find another way to Jackson to surprise my bf for her Master's graduation. Determined to make it to support her biggest accomplishment...I decided that my best option would be to take the bus ride. 7 to 8 hrs wasn't so bad, it finally gave me time to just sit down and relax from my usual "work like crazy-on the go" daily regimen. I didn't even talk on the phone, just kept quiet in a thought process reading magazines and books I had brought for my trip.

Finally, upon hopping off the bus in Jackson, MS, I sat on a bench waiting for my ride. Out of no where, a boy proposed a question "what size necklace do u wear?" Knowing what was coming next, I asked why and he pulled out his merchandise, a gold necklace...ummmmm "no thanks." Welcome to Jack-town I thought.

When the hotel door swung open, to my bf's surprise, it was me walking in. She went crazy...lol...jumping on me and eagerly excited that I was there. Well welcomed...the night went on and of course so did the partying.

Bright and early the next day, we were headed to graduation. So proud of my bf, I couldn't help but reflect on our life long friendship. Friends since I could remember, there is nothing I couldn't tell her. If ever in need, she would be the first I call. After leaving for college though miles apart, our friendship has never broken and our excitement to see each other on visits has never faded. We came from nothing together and today she grabbed her Master's. I can't describe how proud I am of her. Ive never had to fake with her, our friendship is genuine. God has not only blessed me with a friend I can admire but as you can see from the picture, one that supports me all the same.

"Surround yourself around positive people and positive energy will manifest itself."

~Embellished

No comments: