Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Free Isn't Always Free!!

OK, so to get straight to the point, I'm a tab bit upset. In hopes that on yesterday I would have an opportunity to work on the logo after almost a month of trying to meet with the designer....that meeting still didn't take place! We've both been busy, but I have to question moving forward after yesterday. Not that he isn't a cool dude or that I'm not mindful of his demanding work schedule, but to be frank...he's on my time and pressing my patience. I've expressed to him on a couple of occasions that its important that I get things moving. I've even reduced his input from designs to simply my logo, still nothing. Get this, at the beginning he questioned my dedication and said that we have to meet so that he can see how serious I am. Dude, are YOU serious?!?! I'm pretty blunt when it comes to business and especially people perhaps taking my sweet charming personality for weakness :) I told him plain and simple... "Get with it or get left behind...in any event I'll still give you the what up when I see you." Sometimes people have to know your about your business...no prob!


Time has flew by, dates have been set and no meeting and its not all his fault, but he doesn't even want to send logo or design options via email. I thought maybe I was missing something, I asked if he was looking for pay. He replied, "no we're cool people I want to help you". I can greatly appreciate any one's willing assistance, but no productivity is a sure sign that the "help" is more of a hindrance. His free services have cost me weeks of time, and I've been compensated with Nada...back to the drawing board. But hey...it happens. I'm not bitter, its just better if Im not at a stand still and actually moving toward my goal.

A learning lesson...free doesn't always mean free. Learn when to cut your loses and don't make a small hindrance a larger disappointment. What price are you willing to pay for your time and success?

However, I can say that despite the minor setback...I was still quite productive on yesterday. I pulled an all nighter and got ALOT accomplished...wasn't so bad either.

~Embellished

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get mad, get even with unlimited success! This is the 'A', finding dependable and honest people are always a gem rarely touched and most often never found. Keep it up!