Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Put your Dukes Up!

Since my last blog...Ive been crazy busy!!! I feel like I'm fighting time, but a fight that I know I'll win. Continuing on the Up and Up I have been rather productive... some days more than others but overall things are coming together. After giving myself goals each with a defined deadline and visibly being able to see them every day, it makes it easier for me to get up and get going with whatever task at hand! The weekend was slow for me, but I did get a chance to rest from the mayhem earlier in the week. I had a dinner meeting with a Brand Architect who by the way left his wallet at home...mmhhh....niggas! Anyways...I appreciated the challenged meeting. I knew sooner than later I would run into someone who wouldn't quite understand my mission. While his views of my brand were completely out of sync, I had the delightful opportunity to correct them.

When you think of Embellished...what do you think??


Embellish-verb
1. to beautify by or as if by ornamentation; ornament; adorn.
2.to enhance (a statement or narrative) with fictitious additions.

True enough, but for me Embellished has a definition of it own. Call it redirection or innovation, I just know how I feel about it. Embellished isn't about gaudy clothes or ghetto jeweled out pieces...not my style! Its simply my simplistic approach of dressing stylish yet edgy, well-educated, progressive, multifaceted strong individuals. Though young in age, I am well experienced. My resume of proficiencies include numerous trades and fields. From sports, to trading floors, from horticulture to merchandising, from working with persons with disabilities to entrepreneur programs, from sales for major clothing brands to now starting my own brand, and my greatest accomplishment yet of winning a full scholarship to Clark to obtaining two B.A's, and not to mention I am a strong beautiful black woman, chasing my own money bags and a man's queen at my will. Along each stepping stone I've acquired some knowledge that has enhanced my life and damn sure got me where I am today and steadily progressing. Individuals as such is who Embellished represents. Once inspired by my approach of Embellished being a lifestyle brand, he quickly changed his views and realized I had changed the definition all together.

"Her collection is in sync with the progressive woman: feminine, modern & bold in spirit. Her goal is to provide body conscious garments with fine fabrics at a moderate price to leave her clients confident in being fit to conquer the task at hand. The collection rejects limitations and inspires others to create a stitch-by-stitch progression into their ideals."
~Brand Architect


....Yeah that sounds more like it!!

~Embellished

Photography by the Great Hannibal Matthews
Plush .357's - an up & coming Atlanta based tshirt brand. Check'em out!

No comments: