Monday, August 4, 2008

Managing My Hustle

Quite often you have to step away from what your doing to get a better view of things. A trip well worth it, but I'm glad to be back in Atl...back to sewing, back to Stitches and back to Embellished. I know that though I'm off to a good start, I'm no where close to where I want to be right now. Though this is new to you, I've known what I wanted for a while now. So its obviously time to stop basking in the excitement of take off and start pulling it all together. I have everything I need right at my fingertips just don't have a grip on it the way I want to.


Sometimes I wish there were more hours in a day...then I realize I'm waisting time wishing on something that will never happen. So first, I devised a plan to better allocate my time. I wrote a list of start-up accomplishments and gave myself deadlines to complete them, i.e. logo, business & marketing plan, research, sourcing manufacturers & wholesalers, potential investors, ordering business cards and promo material, brand launch, etc, etc. The list goes on! To get started, I'm actually meeting with a designer tonight to take a look at a few logo options. I've been trying to meet with this dude for weeks now but our contradicting schedules hasn't allowed it. Hopefully all goes well with our meeting tonight.

Second, Sunday is a day for Church and Embellished...nothing else. I have to stick to this because I can easily allow distractions to creep in the mix.

Easy enough, right? OK, now the part that hurts!! Because there aren't enough hours in a day amongst all of my other responsibilities...Ive decided that waking up at my usual 8am wont cut it anymore. Instead, 6am would give me a couple of hours to work for myself before the rest of the world needs me. For those that know me....that's already TOO damn early. But I realize that sacrificing a few hours of sleep is worth my success. I'm usually a night owl...staying up all hours of the night, but then I wouldn't want to get up in the mornings at all and when i did...I pretty much hated the world! But that has to change and I know that the change is now. It's better for me to place a stamp on what has to happen and devise a plan, that way I know where I'm headed and how long it actually takes to get there.

If giving up the small luxury of a couple of hours of sleep and other in particular things like hanging out is the price I pay for becoming victorious, then I'm ready to sit on my throne because everything else just isnt as important.

"Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you won't do anything with it." M. Scott Peck

~Embellished

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took a branding class today and you know Imma forward the presentation as soon as they send it. Lots to do but always time to get it done...on YOUR time! I still want a t-shirt damnit. lol