Monday, September 15, 2008

It was all good a week ago.....

ok, ok , ok.....I haven't been here in a while, so it's probably best if I update :)
Last Friday morning turned out to be a crazy one for Atlanta's West End boutique Fashion Industry. This being my neighboring store, I felt bad for them. An inside connect tells that an organized group of thieves known as the blue jean bandits hit their store like others around the city, this time RAMMING A STOLEN CAR INTO THE SECURED GATE AND THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR! Gun shots were even fired at the assailants!! Crazy right!!! Whats even crazier is...I slept through it all and didn't hear a sound!

This isn't the actual footage of Fashion Industry's break in, but it will provide a definite idea of how it all happened, and other stores around the city that have been robbed just the same.


Fox News, August 9, 2008
CLICK HERE


It's sad that the lively hood of Atlanta boutiques are put in jeopardy at the hands of thieves. Store owners are reluctant to purchase premium brands with fear that their store will be broken into. Having relationships with stores, I know first hand how a split second robbery can close a store for weeks at a time or even for good! This isn't the first time Ive seen a car driven into a store to create a pathway for thieves and I'm sure it wont be the last! Being robbed and having someone take from you what you've built is one of the worst feelings in the world!! Store owner's better lock it down!

The Rest of Weekend
So of course I headed over to Standard for Supreemes's Album release party. Me and G arrived doing their performance and the music sounded hot! But because the store is so narrow and their performance was staged as the back of the packed store, we weren't able to see them, so I took a quick glance around to get a feel for the store and their premium brands but before I knew we were out and headed off to the next adventure.

Ill have to check Standard on a not so busy day!
Be sure to check out Supreeme's Music

I asked for a change of scenario, and I guess I got it. Sol Fusion! I had never been before, but I had heard the Doctor mention it. The party was cracking! It's pretty much for the old school, hip hop crowd, they were break dancing and everything. I saw a couple of familiar faces but everything else was pretty new to me so I let loose and had a good time as was happy I went along for the ride.


The rest of the weekend seemed to go pretty smooth. It wasn't all play, as I productively checked out the Apparel Mart for merchandise on Saturday, and also a couple of stores for potential business relationships with Stitches. By the conclusion of the weekend, I had gotten some pretty concrete idea's jotted down for design and also got some more work done with my web designer. Pretty soon my site will be up and you'll be able to purchase!! The steady process continues.

CoCo Chanel

Ohhhh...... another big part of my weekend included the lifetime movie for Coco Chanel. It premiered on last Friday, but I caught snippets of it all weekend. If you haven't caught the must see, please check your local listings for replay. Its actually a motivational life story of how Coco Chanel came from nothing and conquered her dreams. I just have to catch it in it's entirety.


~Embellished

No comments: