Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Ability to Maintain

3am...Hurting with a tommy ache from eating waayy too honey buns, I can't help but reflect on life...yeah kinda weird right. It's such a fuckin a roller coaster. It has its highs, when your beating the streets cool as can be and ain't nothing stopping you. Damn sure has it's lows when the rain pores. But the odd times are seemingly cruise control but actually the most critical. You've somewhat figured out life for right now, gained an understanding of what should be accomplished and what it takes to get to the next level but there is always life's resistance sitting next to you with the constant reminder life isn't easy.


A few nights ago someone proposed a statement and asked me to fill in the blank.


"If I always have ____ I can be successful.


Initially blown away, I took a moment to gather my thoughts. I could think of all sorts of necessities that enables life success, but whose to say what the true determination is? Any one's answer could be purely based from circumstance or situation.


So I answered for me......."If I always have stability, I can be successful."


And not necessarily financial, or emotional or material stability, those are just bonuses. I mean personal stability. The will to want, and the ability to maintain after the foundation grown beneath me has been shaken with that same constant reminder. I could think backwards through my life. I grew up without a mother and I always knew that it was the worst thing that had happened to me, but it inevitable became my source of strength and taught me that nothing else can amount to worse so EFF the rest...thus, my somewhat careless demeanor. When it all hits the fan, I know the rain wont last forever and sooner than later the sun will shine and Ill collect my successes. My grandmother made sure I had foundation, and then it was up to me the analyze, understand and obtain the rest for myself and gaining my own personal stability became embedded. Knock me down, but Im getting back up! I may not have everything I want from life, but its just a matter of time before life success and highest potential bonuses will follow.

So now I challenge you to fill in the blank.


"If I always have______ I can be successful."

Photo by Derek Blanks
~Embellished

1 comment: