Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dear Chicago.......

I remember when I was just a kid walking home from school and suddenly had to hide in your bushes to avoid a gun fight. I remember being asleep in my room and suddenly awaken by the sounds of shooting right outside my window. I remember enjoying my family at my grandma's bday party but having to run to the corner and watch my cousin die after he had been shot. At times I couldnt even sit outside on the porch and enjoy you, simply afraid of what could happen and I didnt even live in the hood. I've experienced soo much good yet witnessed soo much bad at your hands. Fights, gangs, guns, drugs, shootouts, people dying, ignorant parents, kids forced to raise themselves...It's all soo dissatisfying but only seems to be worse these days. Speaking to friends and turning on the news all I hear are bad things. More people dying senselessly, and everyone seems to be subjected to it. No one is above it. Bullets dont have names and no one cares to set examples for our youth. One saying that sticks out so vividly "When it gets hot...people start killing" and sadly it rings soo true. When does it change? How does it change? Some thoughts are to send the National Guard but really...I dont think thats the solution. People will only be jailed, angered and less likely to change instead of taught to better themselves, taught to live a better life and respect and have love for each other. Dear Chicago...I'm soo concerned.... Are your streets soo cold that we inturn have to be soo cold to each other??


Elle~ Chicago Made.... Home is where the Heart is.

No comments: